Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas Mom

I came across this on a plaque in a magazine of all places. I immediately wrote it down as it instantly made me think of my mother. It was originally worded more to apply to someone losing their spouse or significant other but a family member suggested I could change the wording a little to make it apply more to me missing my mother so I did. I thought about waiting 'til Mother's Day to share it but I miss her now at Christmas just as much as I will still be missing her come Mother's Day, so here goes...

I miss you more than ever before.
But, I trust that God will open a door.
And show me how to go on without you.
To give me some hope and comfort too.
For you gave me life and I loved you so dear.
And it breaks my heart to not have you near.
But, life goes on and I will too.
I just wish it wouldn't go on without you.

All my love...

Merry Christmas Mom! We all love you and miss you so much. And when we gather together this weekend for the Kinnison family Christmas it will not be the same without you but you will be in all of our hearts. This is year and all the years to come.

No comments: