Wednesday, June 30, 2004

it's over and we're home...

Well, our ordeal this morning is over and we are home. Actually after finally getting to eat, I was on my way to bed but thought I'd go ahead update everyone.

Everything went fine - no complications at all. They were only able to get in one set of stitches because my cervix is so small but that's the best we've been dealt and the rest we just wait and see.

The surgery itself only took about 15 minutes then I was in surgery recovery for 1/2 an hour. I was feeling fine - literally feeling nothing from the belly down but I was freezing!!! They had about 5 heated blankets on me and when those would cool down, I'd get new ones. That was great - what a luxury but can you imagine the amount of laundry if all surgical patients get that many blankets!

They took me back to SurgiCare recovery and I was there about an hour and a half. I had to wait 'til I regained all the feeling in my lower body to be able to walk (oh and be able to pee).

The baby's heart rate was in the 160-167 range before surgery and the 156-162 range right after. That isn't a significant drop and the machine wouldn't register the number, the nurse had to count it so she could have missed a beat or two.

I wasn't really given any discharge instructions, other than to watch for bleeding and cramping so I've got a call in to my doctor just to make sure. My plan is to be in bed most of today and tomorrow then we'll see. I'm still feeling ok - just starting to feel some pressure when sitting so to bed I go.

I'll still be off work 'til 07/08 since she doesn't want me to go back 'til she sees me on the 7th. I think I'll be seen pretty often now to check my stitches. I'll let you know when our next ultrasound is.

Thanks again for all of your concern.

I'll be posting all my updates from now often on this website so I hope you'll log on to see.

Be talking to you all!

4 comments:

Christine said...

I'm so glad to hear that everything went well. Get plenty of rest and take care of yourself. The boys are having a good time and we'll be getting ready for the pool here in a few minutes. So don't worry about them. Let me know if you need anything.

Christine
www.christineandlee.com

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear everything went well. Thanks for keeping everyone updated. This BLOG is a really good idea!

Necole

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about you all morning and how things were going. I'm glad everything went ok. I was going to call you after I got home tonight but since I know how things went I will let you sleep. Be sure to let me know if you guys need anything.

Stacy

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetie.....I have been having trouble with my computer, so I just found your email from yesterday. So glad the procedure is over and all went well. Just take it easy and let those 3 guys of yours take care of you. Hope you can enjoy your days at home.
Be talking.....Love, Aunt Lila