Friday, July 02, 2004

pain in the butt...

Everything from the surgery is still going ok. Just like I said before, I start to fill pressure, like cramps, if I'm up too long.

Interesting thing started Wednesday night though...I started having a lot of pain at my tailbone and tingling throughout my butt and both legs. I called the anesthesiologist yesterday. He doesn't think it's anything they did during my spinal block because if they'd hit my spinal cord with the needle I would have felt it right away and screamed. If they'd hit a nerve, I'd only be having pain one side not both. So, he wanted to talk to the anesthesiologist who did my edidural about a year and a 1/2 ago when I was having this same type of pain and was going to call me on Friday.

He called back last night around 6:00 pm and wants me to call the Pain Clinic at St. Luke's today (Friday) and make an appt to see Dr. Sedlacek (the one who did my epidural last year) on Tuesday.

It could be one of two things. 1) The disc that was giving me trouble last year could be out due to the pregnancy. OR 2) the medication they gave me through the spinal block (litacane) could be causing the irritation. If it's the 2nd one, it will go away in a few days. If it's the disc then oh boy it's going to be a long pregnancy. I'm not even near my big months yet.

I don't know. It seems weird to me that all of a sudden it happened the same day I got the spinal block. I think that set it off but who knows. All I know is it hurts like crazy to sit or lay because I go numb but yet I'm supposed to be sitting or laying because of the cerclage. I can't win.

I'm supposed to get to lie around and do nothing right now and I can't even feel good about it. That's just not right!

Actually I slept much better last night. I didn't have the pain in my hips and legs but still right at the tailbone. I keep a steady dose of Tylenol going so hopefully it all goes away.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Yuck. I hope it's the medicine and the pain goes away soon. Maybe we will have to invest in a very early birthday present and get you one of those chair massagers. Hang in there!