Sunday, July 18, 2004

I guess I'm a stinkin' drunk...

Ken and I went to a friend's birthday party Saturday night and as soon as we walked away from the bar with his pitcher of beer and my pitcher of water (ha), two people made comments to my husband to make sure that I don't drink tonight.  I laughed it off.  Then later Ken asked me to hold his glass for something and as soon as I had it in my hand one of those people from before was standing there and Ken says to them that I am drinking.  They were like "Ken, you gotta watch her".  He was joking and they were joking but I was offended both times it was said.  It implied that I wouldn't take care of my baby on my own and not drink - that I would need to have someone stop me from drinking.  I told Ken to knock it off because I was offended by it and he said I was over-reacting.  Most be those hormones everybody insists are raging inside me (another pet peeve).  Anyway, he went on to say that he knows lots of people who joke to pregnant women about not drinking.  I'm like, "WHY?!".  I don't get the joke.  I don't think it's funny, like I said, to imply that I wouldn't do the right thing all on my own.
 
Lilypie Baby Days

No comments: