Sunday, July 11, 2004

Pizza Hut from Hell

Ok this has absolutely nothing to do with the baby but I did say I would be using this site to vent my feelings...

Tonight we ordered pizza from Pizza Hut - the one at 16th Ave and 6th SW. We got the current special of a large specialty at regular price and a medium one topping for $1.99. We got a Super Supreme but without onions or green peppers and for the other we got 1/2 cheese and 1/2 sausage - and we also got breadsticks.

Pizza Hut is always screwing up our orders. In fact we had a $10.00 credit tonight when we ordered because they've screwed up in the past.

We were going to pick it up but a few minutes after we ordered they called back and said there was a 1/2 hour wait for large pizza crusts so I changed it to delivery and had them waive the deliver charge.

So the pizza gets here about a hour later (remember there was a wait for crust) and as soon as walked in the kitchen I smelled peppers. I opened the medium box that was supposed to be 1/2 cheese, 1/2 sausage and found 1/2 cheese and 1/2 pepperoni. I said then that I bet anything the specialty was wrong because I knew I was smelling peppers. I opened that box and sure enough it had green peppers.

Right away Ken called and they asked if we wanted them to make the right pizzas and send them out. I said no but I wanted my money back. Like I said, they are always messing up our orders. So then they offered us credit but we said we just wanted our money back. What good would another credit do us if they are just going to screw it up? So they said they'd bring it back.

We all went ahead and ate - picking off the green peppers - and then the guy showed up with the money. You aren't going to believe this...he was insisting that we give the pizza back. I came to the door and was like, "wait a minute...you screw it up and we have to give it back?". He goes, "if you want a refund after it's delivered, it's our policy to get the pizza back. We have to verify what was wrong". I go, "we told you on the phone what was wrong". He was still insisting on the pizza back. So, I picked up the large pizza and threw it at his feet on the ground outside our door. He picked it up, said thank you and started to walk away. Ahh but we hadn't given him the medium back yet so I grabbed it and threw it at him while he was walking away. It landed on the recycling bin and then slid down between it and the house. I saw him come back for it though as I shut the door.

We were in total shock. We were like, "if we'd taken the credit they wouldn't have wanted the pizza back?" and "the only reason we didn't want new pizzas is we had already waited an hour and it was 9:30 - 10:00 pm".

Ken decides to drive to that Pizza Hut because he had written a check and they gave us cash back. We were thinking they'd probably still run the check through. I guess he asked the guy the question about if we'd taken a credit we'd been able to keep the pizza and the guy goes, "yeah, because then we wouldn't be out the money". Ken goes, "you'd still be out the money when we used the credit!". DUH!!!! The guy just stood there. The guy also said, "well, I just needed to see the pizza". He never said that at all. He was insisting over and over that he needed the pizzas back.

While Ken was gone I looked outside to see if he had picked up the last pizza I threw at him and about 1/2 that (most the pepperoni half) was still laying in our driveway. Ken has that all in a gallon size baggie and it going to take it back tomorrow with a letter to management. After all they need to verify it was wrong and the wrong portion of the pizza was left in our driveway. We wouldn't want them to not follow policy of getting the pizza back!!!

Needless to say we are NEVER ordering from Pizza Hut again. After tonight, we are probably banned away!!!

BOYCOTT PIZZA HUT!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Christine said...

That is so funny. NOT! (Yes, I am still living in the 80s! And don't be knocking my 80s speak.)

I have had problems with that Pizza Hut myself. We order from there frequently, just about once a weekend. The most memorable time I ordered a pizza pretty late. Around 8pm or so. And I ordered it for delivery. I always have it delivered...like every weekend for three years it's been delivered. When I ordered the pizza on this day they, as usual, asked me if I wanted it for delivery. I said "yes." They said it would be about 45 minutes. Now almost a year later I can't remember exactly how they worded it, but it was obvious we were talking about them delivering it to my house in 45 minutes, not me picking it up.

An hour and a half goes by. I'm starving by this point. I looked at the clock and realized it was close to 10pm. No wonder the kids were freaking. They were starving to death. So I called Pizza Hut and I asked them what was up with my pizza. They put me on hold for a few minutes. Then they come on and they started asking me question like, "What did you order?" and "What's your address?" I'm like, "Didn't we already do this...a freaking hour and a half ago?"

So then the obviously new girl on the phone puts the manager on the phone. The manager begins to tell me that the order was supposed to be picked up. I'm like "Yeah, by your delivery guy who was then supposed to bring it my house." She's like no you ordered it for pick-up. I said "No I ordered it for delivery and the girl on the phone told me it would be here in 45 minutes. And nobody showed up." I'm like "don't make me go all word for word conversation on your ass. I know I never agreed to pick it up. (1) Because I always have you deliver....never once in my 29 years on this Earth have I ever picked up a pizza except from the freezer section at the grocery store and (2) I have four kids in pajamas and no desire to drag them in the car for a 4 block drive to Pizza Hut."

So she finally decides that she will make me new pizzas and have them delivered in 45 minutes. Um, No. I think not. I said "You need to make that your number priority. And I don't care if you have to put on your best running shoes, it best be at my house before I have to start pulling a Survivor and cookin' up rats."

The delivery guy was there 20 minutes later and very apologetic and YES I did get my pizzas for free. I didn't write him a check or give him cash. He just came to my house to delivery me two large pizzas like a good boy should do. I felt a little bad for not at least giving him a tip, but the hunger had taken over my entire body and my brain was deprived of an feelings of compassion by that point.

Feeling your pain,
Christine
www.christineandlee.com

Lori said...

OMG - that totally reminded me of another time we ordered from there to pick it up. I don't remember what we ordered except that it was in pan crust. When we got there to pick it up, they had run out of pan crust and didn't know if I would have wanted hand- tossed or thin instead so they just didn't do anything. They didn't start making our pizza at all. I swear no one called us to ask what we might want instead. They just waited 'til we got there and asked then. I was HOT. I don't think I got any money off but I made it known how pissed I was. I kept making loud, snide comments. I mean com'on?! Why wouldn't you at least call?! Isn't that why they take your phone # to begin with?! Although nowadays I suppose it's more to local your address in their global satalite tracking system. How can they have people working there smart enough to operate that system but they can't operate a phone or make a freakin' pizza as ordered? I'll take Burger King - have it your way!

Anonymous said...

I just have to say this....only as a JOKE since you had a posting about this already.....MAYBE YOU ARE REACTING LIKE YOU DID CUZ YOU ARE PREGNANT!!! HAHAHA only kidding. I have given up on Pizza Hut. They always take too long and when I am hungry, I wanna eat NOW.

Necole