Saturday, January 12, 2008

Shaking Things Up

I shook up my blog today. I liked my old blog colors but was frustrated with the font color that when I would bold something the dramatic effectiveness, empathicness, yes - sometimes insaneness (I'm allowed to make up words as I go) to truly show through. I would end up not only bolding but also italicing and even underlining and still it wouldn't come across with the full gusto it was intended. For a drama queen/control freak I couldn't let it go. What is the point of putting all your insanity in writing if the full craziness can't be conveyed?!

Having said that, since blue is my favorite color, I wanted to stick with that but I like the pink and burgandy I added too. All and all, I am happy with it at this moment and that's all anyone can ask for really.

So, shaking up my blog is about all the shaking I've done today. Unless you count spinning myself around in my desk chair like a kid at the beauty shop with their mother (flashback) until I got REALLY dizzy waiting for my internet to load. I know I felt shaky after that.

Pretty much the only other things I've done is practically push my kids out the door to go to their dad's for the rest of the weekend then proceeded to lay on the couch the rest of the day catching up on dvr. When I got bored with that I would see what was actually on cable. I would start to watch something and ADD would kick in, couldn't stand waiting through the commericals so I started dvr-ing everything I stumbled across so I could watch it later and fast forward. Oh yeah trying to take laziness to a new level.

Not wanting to leave the house I ordered a pizza for myself - a LARGE pizza just for me. But see now I have breakfast and lunch tomorrow covered too. Got into a shouting match with the pizza order taker guy. I'm pretty sure he probably spit on my pizza after that or had someone else do it. JERKS!

BUT I did manage to jump in the shower before the pizza got here and slip into a clean version of the exact same thing I already had on...black sweats and a blue long sleeve t-shirt. Now why did I decide at 4:30 pm to finally take a shower? I have no idea. Did I need to be all fresh and lovely for the pizza delivery person? I say person because it ended up being a short, middle aged waif of a woman who I scared the crap out of when I opened the door just as she stepped up to it.

So I pigged out on ham & mushroom pizza while reading the new Soap Opera Digest and then laid down to watch "Picture Perfect" with Jennifer Aniston. Good movie. I caught a few zzz's through the part where they stage the fight and later she confesses the whole scam...the "dressing for the job I wanted" speech.

Read my friend's blog...shout out to The Bean Blog...and here I am...and here I go.

No comments: