Thursday, January 03, 2008

Farewell to Misti & Marty!

Yes, I know they aren't gone forEVER but gone just the same. Today my friends, Misti & Marty (and their daughter, Amber) left to start their new life in Texas. I know that even though they were still packing at 6:00 pm last night, they wanted to leave town around 8:00 or 9:00 am this morning. It's about a 16 hr drive so if they are driving straight through...they aren't even there yet.

Man I am going to miss her!

We have known each other for 20 YEARS! I know that probably really shows our age but not really since we met while still in the womb when our mom's were in lamaze class! HAHA. We actually met in high school when we were both working at Jack's. Lost track for awhile after high school but looked each other up, became roommates for awhile and have been the greatest of friends ever since. She definitely could always make me laugh and I'll miss that.

I can't believe she won't just be an e-mail or phone call away from hooking up for lunch on any given day. No more montly AA Meetings at Hacienda. For some reason the last two days I can't get that song "Seasons in the Sun" (<-- click here) out of my head when thinking about her leaving. HAHA. You know... "we had joy, we had fun, we had seasons in the sun...". I think it's because of that line... "goodbye to you my trusted friend..." .

I truly am happy for them, they are so excited about this move and are looking forward to the fresh start. See here how they can hardly contain themselves...

HAHAHAHAHAHA...she is going to KILL me for that one. Have I mentioned how much I will miss her??!!
*
Well, let's see there is Logan's graduation this spring and her high school reunion this summer and next thing we know the holidays will be around again so until then "my trusted friend", I wish you all the happiness in the world and as my dad once wrote for me... MAY YOUR FUTURE ALWAYS BE A BRIGHT AS YOU ARE!!

U R
2 Good
2 Be
4 Gotten

No comments: