Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Nagging Cough, the doctor will see you now...

Aren't the HIPPA laws a pain in the butt? (Ooh, poor choice of words as I will later reveal.) I mean with all the acknowledging that you've been read your rights and declining of literature at every single medical office or pharmacy you visit. Especially when it doesn't really seem to make much difference when they still call out patient's names when trying to protect our privacy.

On the other hand, aren't you glad they don't call you back by whatever aliment you are being seen for that particular day? Can you imagine...

"nagging cough, the doctor will see you now",

"heartburn and indigestion, you can go on back",

"thrombosed hemorrhoid, they're ready for you in the procedure room".

Uh - that last one...that would have been me today. Most people have never even heard of a thrombosed hemorrhoid let alone get one...TWICE! Yep, I am the freak of nature who can't seem to get enough of strangers holding my butt checks apart while my doctor cuts open a hemorrhoid and removes a blood clot. (My first adventure was when I was pregnant with Jace. If you missed out on that story, you can still check it out here.)

I put off that call all day because it is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO embarrassing. I finally couldn't take the pain anymore and luckily they could squeeze me in (no pun intended). Last time they asked me if I minded (is that a word) if the student nurse watched the procedure. I figured what the heck, the more the merrier, right?! But when I had my son at the doctor on Friday, they had a really cute male student and the only thing I kept thinking is that they were going to ask me the same thing this time. I just didn't think I could be on board for that. I was not feeling too good about the whole situation. I mean last time I could blame it on my pregnancy - hemorrhoids are common in pregnancy. What was my excuse this time? The fact that I still weigh as much as I did pregnant?! Yeah - that was something to feel good about. Luckily the student wasn't there today. Dodged a bullet there. My doctor did, however, ask me if I had any interest in seeing what he was removing. Hmmm - no, nah, nada! I wasn't feeling that either. It was all so depressing.

So, but I'm feeling better this evening. Thanks for asking. The hydrocodone (left over from some other "incident") and sitting on the pillow my son made in Home Ec are really helping. All the comforts of home!

No comments: