Monday, October 08, 2007

the monitor saga continues...

I ended up shipping back that new monitor from my business trip last week. Decided not to defy Murphy's Law and try to get it back on my own. Well, it took my boss (the next step up boss) all of about 10 minutes after it arrived at PMX to have it hooked up to his computer in his office. Today he is out of the office, so I decided to pull a switcharoo. I kidnapped the new monitor and hooked up my old, dingy grey big 'ole boat anchor monitor in his office. Complete with all my sticky notes stuck to it, my prize pictures of a shirtless Marky Mark back in his rapping/Calvin Klein model days, my shelf that wraps around my monitor with stuffed animals...a white bear with a pink hat, an AFLAC duck and cow..., my wedding picture, a pair of troll doll earrings, a little Precious Moments type figurine bending over showing her bloomers that says "a little behind", my Magic 8 ball. All of it is on his desk now and I have the clean, crisp, where's the popcorn this screen is like the movies monitor on mine. So far everyone in accounting seems to like my decorating job. HA. I also shook the Magic 8 ball until it said "Don't Count on It" and put a sticky note on it asking..."will Brent ever get his monitor back?". When you lift the sticky note it says, "Don't Count on It". Of course I could be setting myself up to see that 8 ball back on my desk with the same saying at raise time. It wasn't me...it was Lola...my evil twin!

No comments: