Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Moral Compass

How bad is it when a 3 year old is your moral compass? Forget being a preschool genius...he's a mini frickin' Dahli Lama.

Last night I was screaming at Brendon to clean his room, this after weeks of asking nicely, which quickly lead to an argument over what he felt he needed to pick up or was responsible for verses what I felt he needed to pick up and was responsible for. You've been there, right?! When their idea of clean is MUCH different than your idea of clean. And as I am screaming down the stairs and he is screaming up the stairs, all of a sudden I realize Jace is standing on the couch looking over the bannister saying something as well. I couldn't believe my ears, once the screaming stopped ringing in them, he was saying, "hey calm down!" and I realized he had been saying it more than once. I was shocked, I mean...who taught him that anyway? Then I had to laugh.

So much for setting a good example. I guess I need to review that writing, "everything I need to know about life, I learned in kindergarden". Once again, Jace is way ahead of the game.

No comments: