Friday, February 01, 2008

Ok - so I am NOT perfect...

Ok, so I never claimed NOT to be an anal, obsessive compulsive, narcissistic control freak. For me, choosing to blog is all about me...what I want to say...and that I want people to find me both thought provoking and funny (narcissistic). And when I blog, sometimes I have to edit and repost the same post several times before all the typos are gone (anal). I even re-read my own blog posts over and over (obsessive compulsive) totally validating myself with each read (again, narcissistic). But really, if I don't, then who will?!

I posted earlier today a mildly amuzing tale of skipping a lunch time workout for ordering Chinese and how I am totally fine with that! In that post, I made an obsure reference to Hitler and in the process came across something about Hitler on the internet that I found very amuzing. I thought about including that tidbit in ( ) in that same post but didn't want to run on or get off track (anal). I then thought I would immeditately do a new post highlighting my new found fact but I didn't want to overshadow my previous post (narcissistic).

So, instead I decided to share this funny fact with a coworker and maybe tomorrow I would blog about it. So I sent this e-mail...

From: Lori
Sent: Friday, February 01, 2008 10:33 AM
To:
Subject: Hitler

So I was posting on my blog today and made an obscure reference to Hitler – “High Hitler” to be exact. I wanted to make sure I was spelling it right. You know, was it “High Hitler” or “Hi Hitler” (like greeting him hello) or “Hile Hitler” (which just sounds more German to me) and came across this interesting and I’m guessing little known fact about Hitler…

… “himself was an appalling hypochondriac who abused laxatives and suffered for much of his life from stomach cramps and embarrassing flatulence” …

I found that to be extremely odd and of course funny so I had to share!

(I think I should make this my next blog post..haha)


She responded...

From:
Sent: Friday, February 01, 2008 10:38 AM
To: Lori
Subject: RE: Hitler

That is too funny!!! I think it is Heil Hilter or something like that.


Crap! Foiled Again! I had apparently misspelled "Heil Hitler". WHO CARES, right? An anal, obsessive compulsive, narcissistic, control freak - that's who!!

So, then I responded...

From: Lori
Sent: Friday, February 01, 2008 10:45 AM
To:
Subject: RE: Hitler

Ok so I went with High Hitler because it actually came up in my internet search. The internet is never wrong! Rats!

I searched your version and sure enough it came up too. Now I am going to HAVE to post about it so I don’t look like an idiot!

Of course that is a relative term anyway…perhaps only an idiot would care if they misspelled something on a blog that gets fewer readers than the instructions on shampoo bottles telling you to endlessly LATHER, RINSE and REPEAT.


Phew, I'm exhausted. It hurts my brain too much when a over ANALyze things! I think I need to find a support group. But it would probably go something like this...

"HEL--LO people, it's my turn to talk here. It doesn't really matter what your names are, but mine is Lori and I am an anal, obsessive compulsive, narcissistic, control freak. Now, how can the rest of you freaks help me? ME...don't forget to mention ME in your repsonse. Oh, and directly after today's meeting, you all are invited over to either one of my blogs where you can learn more about ME. Comments longed for, just remember to praise ME! Thank you for listening to ME. Sorry, time is up."

I hope I am not THAT bad!

No comments: