Sunday, December 09, 2007

Two Teenagers in the house...

Today is Dallas' 13th birthday! Now there are officially two teenagers in the house (although sometimes they act more Jace's age - ha!).

He is at his dad' today so I waited 'til after 10:00 am to call him. I said an enthusiastic HAPPY BIRTHDAY and get no response. He was totally grumpy. I don't know if he just got up, or is feeling like it doesn't really seem like his birthday to him.

He already got his gift from me back in August - a Razor (phone that is for anyone still in the last century).

His dad gave him his gift on Thanksgiving so that he could wear it for good luck during the Cowboys game that day. It was a Marion Barber jersey. You couldn't have wiped the smile off his face when he saw it and put it on. BUT that was a couple weeks ago now so the novelty has worn off.

Since he is at his dad's this weekend - he didn't have his "party" yet. He'll have some friends over next weekend.

And so that we can combine his at Jace's b-days together, we aren't doing cake and ice cream with family 'til next Sunday.

On top of all of that, he came to me a few days ago wanting to have a big boy/girl party like what we offered to Brendon when he turned 13. Brendon originally wanted the big party and later backed out. I guess ever since then...the thought never occurred to me that Dallas should have the same opportunity. That must be why Dallas suffers from Jan Brady (Marcia, Marcia, Marcia) Middle Child Syndrome. Unfortunately, I told him that on such short notice and with money already tight for Christmas, we could not afford that right now. He is really disappointed.

So, once again I get the Mother of the Year award and kids once again show how ungrateful they can be. They have such short term memories when it comes to the great things they do have in their lives. Ahh teenagers...and blessed with two...Christmas came early for me!!!!

No comments: