Saturday, April 19, 2008

Pass the duct tape please...

So, when you last joined us, I had resorted to caging my spirited 3 year old. For my next trick, instead of pulling a rabbit out of my hat, I'd like to try duct taping his mouth...

I was at Stuff's Etc (fave store) today and was trying on a couple pairs of shorts and a couple shirts. I knew it was going to be iffy on any or all of these fitting but I was willing to try (even though disappointment and dismay always follows). It was just me and Jace so I had to take him in the fitting room with me. I start to pull on the first pair of shorts when I realized they weren't going to make it passed my thighs. I made that obvious statement to myself in my head along with "man, how could I have been so off on thinking these would fit" when I noticed the zipper was stuck and perhaps if I unzipped them all the way it would give me the extra umpth I needed. As I reached for the zipper this is what I hear from my precious little boy..."those aren't going to fit you".

It was like a dagger to the heart. Why oh why are kids so brutally honest?! A brief back and forth of "yes they will" - "no they won't" ensued. He was right...they didn't fit so I moved on to the next pair of shorts. Again I hear, "they're not going to fit you mom" followed by "you need to try bigger ones mom".

I had been heckled enough. I fought back with "I really don't need to hear that from you right now Jace". One of my finer moments.

Defeated, I moved on to the shirts. I removed the top I was wearing and Jace shouts, "I see your boobies". Is it possible to teach a 3 year old that discretion is the better part of valor? Is it possible to not be totally embarassed when a 3 year decided to speak his mind?

He wanted to get back to his toys that we had left waiting in the cart outside the fitting rooms so I finished up and we went on our way. Not before he took a quick peak under the wall to the adjoining room. Thank God he didn't have any comments for that person as to whether their selections would fit them or not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.