Friday, July 11, 2008

Continued Self-Improvement

I once wrote about how I was trying to make a conscious effort when asked "how are you?" to not only respond with a "fine" or "not too bad" but also to inquire as to how that person is doing as well...give 'em a "blank blank...and how about you?".

I've noticed recently when asked a yes or no question that my response often is "yep". Even in professional situations. I've begun to think this is not only unprofessional but bordering on hick as well.

So, in the pursuit of continual self-improve, I have decided to now make a conscious effort to try to respond with a full, solid, affirmative "yes".

Ah, but only if "yes" if the appropriate response. I may have been known once in my life as a girl who never says no but I made that particular self-improvement a LONG time ago!

No comments: