Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Managing My Time

There is a railroad track very near my work and I can't begin to count how many times I've gotten stuck and that slow moving (if at all) sucker both on the way to and leaving work - and it's always when I'm already running late. It drives me crazy how long they hold up traffic. Don't they know people are late for work?! Anyway, this morning I was intitially agitated and irritated but then I decided to make good use of the time I'd be sitting there waiting, and waiting, and waiting. What did I do? Why I painted my nails of course!

I had just thrown the bottle of polish in my purse on the way out the door in order to touch up my toes as I am wearing sandals today. Before you get a mental picture...no, it was not my toes that I painted while waiting on the train - it was my fingernails. But I completed the last nail and was closing the bottle as the last car crossed the tracks. Perfect timing!

Hey - at least I didn't paint them while actually driving!! This way I also didn't take away from any of my many responsbilities to paint them sitting at my desk after I punched in. HA!

No comments: