Thursday, July 10, 2008

Hey Hawks Let's F I G H T..

I was at the chiropractor's today...one of my 3 visits a week still trying to recover from my car accident...and while I was hooked up to electro-therpy I heard the office staff and one of the doctor's talking about that rituals were performed in high school when girls made the squad. For example, one of the girls talking went to my school and she was saying how at our school, the current senior cheerleaders would kidnap the girls who made it at like 4:00 am, make them dress in all mis-matching, crazy clothing, crazier make-up and hair, take them out to breakfast looking like that, make them perform the try-out dance routine in public somewhere and then make them go to school all day like that.

The lady doctor said they weren't that bad at her school put one time they took them and made them do the school fight song routine in the principal's front yard early in the morning. That lead me to start reciting our school's fight song in my head. The girl that also went to my school stated that she still remembers the fight song and routine. She started performing it and I listened closely to see if she had in fact remembered all the words. After she was done and they were amazed she still knew it, she goes, "go ask Lori if she remembers it, she was a cheerleader too". Before the other girl even got half way too me I said, "I was following along in my head". They laughed.

So, in honor of that fight song, and the most appropriate fact that my 20 year class reunion is in two weeks...I bring you...in school colors no less...

The Prairie Fight Song

Come on boys, onward go, we will concur the foe with our team from Prairie High.

With our coach, team, spirit that's keen and our colors flying high.

We will fight 'til the finish, defeat or victory.

And give our hearts to F-I-G-H-T.

Hey...Hawks...let's...FIGHT...

Raise the score, hear them cheering for more,

As we win fame for Prairie High.

HOO-RA...HOO-RAY

Prairie Hawks will lead the way.

Come on boys, whatta say, we're gonna win today.

(start over again...)

Come on boys, onward go, we will concur the foe with our team from Prairie High.

With our coach, team, spirit that's keen and our colors flying high.

We will fight 'til the finish, defeat or victory.

And give our hearts to F-I-G-H-T.

(and so on and so on)

No comments: