Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Baby Ellie is an Angel now...

This picture was sent to me by a co-worker last week showing off his beautiful, 9th grandchild. Elizabeth Ann, who they called Ellie, was born one week ago today but sadly this morning died of apparent heart failure.
*
She was a preemie - 4 or 5 weeks early - but had been released from the hospital. She became fussy through the night last night and when they were preparing to give her a bottle, she started spitting up blood and then stopped breathing. The dad was giving her CPR when the paramedics arrived but she died before they got to the hospital.
*
It's so sad. I feel for the entire family. I can't imagine losing a child at any age. She was a "surprise" to the family as both parents are in their 40's and both have children from previous marriages but she was cherished none the less.

Please send some prayers for Baby Ellie on her journey to heaven and for the family in their time of sorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's just heartbreaking. I can't even imagine the pain that family must be feeling.

Lori said...

Makes me want to hug my babies. When I heard I had to instantly stop feeling so sorry for myself about my bummer birthday and acknowledge there are worse things going on.