Monday, November 24, 2008

this day can go RIGHT in the shit hole...

I've had a really shitty day. Started about 6:30 am when instead of walking out the door for work like I should have been doing, I decided to load up the (13) boxes of cookie dough, (3) pies, (1) cheesecake, (1) mini pizzas, (1) mini tacos and (1) pumpkin roll that was purchased by my co-workers from my son's fundraiser. That brillant move and that brillant hour started me on a path of downward destruction the likes of which my mind was surely lucky to have survived. I think the jury may still be out on that one though. Deciding if I am competent to have known the consequences of my actions no doubt. I don't think my boss (of 12 years) has ever heard me say "fuck me, fuck me, fuck me" (and with such conviction) 'til today when I totally fucked up a new application in our software. And that was one of the last things to go wrong throughout the day. I suppose all was well after I completely deleted the application and all if it's accumulated data, restored the application (minus the data), sent out a notification that I had fucked it up and asked everyone to re-enter their information but by then my stomach was so tied in knots it physically hurt. It still does - I feel like I could puke. And if the Exedrin Migraine doesn't kick in soon I'm switching to Black & Decker brand...ball-peen formula. But I'm sure "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" blaring 2 feet behind me on Guitar Hero is going to lull me to sleep long before the need for that. Wake me when mall hair, Menudo and leg warmers are back in style!

No comments: