Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Ramen Chronicles

So, did you know there is a book out there called 101 Things to Do with Ramen Noodles? I saw this and had to see what it was all about. When it came I was surprised how well some of the recipes sounded. I haven't tried any yet but thought it would worthy of sharing (and gives me something to blog about). So, I'm starting the Ramen Chronicles and will post a different recipe every day (or so).

There are (8) categories: Soups, Salads, Beef, Chicken, Pork, Seafood, Family Favorites and Vegetarian.

I'm going to start of with the recipe that first got my attention. From the beef category:

Cheeseburger Ramen

1/2 pound ground beef
1 package beef ramen noodles, with seasoning packet
1 cup grated chedder cheese
1 tomato, diced (optional and minus the salmonella)

In a frying pan, brown and drain ground beef. Season to taste with 1/2 the seasoning packet.

Cook noodles in water according to package directions and drain. Add beef and cheese to noodles and stir until cheese is melted. Add tomatoes, if desired.

Makes 2 servings.

1 comment:

perdido said...

my kids love ramen noodles - me can't quite get the attraction but cool recipe!