Tuesday, June 17, 2008

you just might starve...

If you are expecting a scrumptious dinner at my house tonight, you just might starve.

I make this turkey raost that the boys love. The problem is, it comes frozen and takes 2 hours to bake. So, since I am home early this week, I decided I would put the turkey in the oven while Jace & I take our afternoon nap. When we woke up I could throw together a couple side dishes and WHOLLA - we'd eat a decent meal, at a decent time.

I crawled out of my room about 5:15 pm, headed to the kitchen, only to find the turkey still sitting on the kitchen table. I had turned on the oven to preheat and then forgot all about it and went off to our nap. The oven had been on for 2 + hours but nothing was cooking. I shut the oven off and started to think of what else I could make. If I proceeded with the turkey, it would be another 2 hours.

Dallas, however, still wanted the turkey so I decided since it was starting to thaw, if I turned the oven up to 450 from 350 then maybe it would cook in an hour and a half or something. So, I turned up the oven and put the turkey in.

About an hour and 15 minutes later, I went to check on it because Brendon was making plans to go somewhere and I wanted to see if I possibly could get him fed before he left. You know, it might have actually been close to being done if I hadn't TURNED THE OVEN OFF!

Turkey was not meant to happen tonight! So, then I offered to eat out but since no one can ever agree on where we should go...we are now having empanadas and pizza rolls I had in the freezer. I better go make sure the oven is on. It might be midnight before we eat!

No comments: