Monday, June 30, 2008

x-rays are the window to the soul...

I've decided x-rays tell way more about you then you ever thought they could or would for that matter.

Case in point:

1) A few years back I was having some x-rays done on my bladder. I was really nervous all during the testing because I was extremely gasy that day. While I was laying on the table I kept trying to hold back anything from escaping - noticeably anyway. I totally squeaked (no pun intended) by the exam without embarrassing myself. I was in the clear. When the doctor and I were going over the x-rays, he points out all these black areas in my mid-section and calmly states, "this is all gas". Here I thought nobody would ever know. I was completely mortified!

Another case in point:

2) Today I was at the chiropractor's getting x-rays because I was in a car accident last week. As he is reviewing my x-rays and making all of his little marking on them, he calmly states, "it (the collision) didn't rock your IUD loose, so you are good there" . At first it didn't register what he had said, then I looked at the x-ray and sure enough there was my IUD glowing inside my uterus. Again, mortified!

Usually your choice of birth control is a private thing but not when x-rays are the window to the soul.

No comments: