Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Day 4 - Boys Who Stole My Heart

Day 4's list is the boys/men who truly had my heart and by that I mean that when they dumped me, I became the psycho ex-girlfriend - just kidding - maybe - who's asking anyway...

1) Tom Titus - my first love, my first heartache, my first...well, you know. We "went together" off and on from 7th grade thu 11th grade. We finally just grew apart...when I started secretly seeing my boss at Hardee's.

2) Dave Yirkousky - my boss at Hardee's, the first "older" man (wait - possibly the ONLY older man). I was 16, he was 22 or 24, I can't remember now which. Yes, I know this relationship was highly inappropriate (did I mention he was married). He was totally gorgeous. Brown hair and full 70's mustache, muscles. Phew!

3). Chad Drexler - the first younger man (trend that didn't work out so well for me), an aspiring model. He was only a year younger than me. I went to his senior prom with him. Which probably made him BMOC (big man on campus) going with an older woman. BUT I had one of the most romantic moments of my life at that prom. We were dancing and the heel of my shoe kept slipping over a crack in the floor. He picked me up (bride over the threshold style) and carried me to another spot on the dance floor. People started clapping - it was very cool.

4). Chris Gahring - again a younger man but major HOTTIE to the maxx and he had a crotch rocket. I remember the first thing my friend and I noticed about him has his butt. I went out with his friend a couple times first and then decided I liked Chris more so I did the right thing and called it off with the friend. Then one night there was a knock on my door and it was Chris. Turned out he liked me too. We only dated for 3 months but it was a GREAT 3 months.

5). James Boyle - younger (see the trend?). Despite it not being the most stable of relationships (abusive ones never are), I was in love with James, I agreed to marry him. But he went away to school and didn't want me to come with him when all I wanted was us to be together - no matter where it was. I was crushed and during the seperation I fell for someone else.

6) Dave Boyle - I know, I know the name is no coincidence. Yes, I dated one brother and then the other. Not my proudest moments - especially when you try to explain to your boys how you dated their uncle and their dad. But the attraction was too strong for my weak soul. I couldn't stay away. We were together 3 years and had (2) great boys. BUT he left me for a 17 year old little chipee that he worked with.

I know I should be listing my current husband but since we are getting divorced, I've had to take a long hard look at the reasons why I married him in the first place and I can't say I did it for the right reasons. I didn't love him the way he deserved to be loved. I don't think either of us did. It's too bad but what are you gonna do 'cept move on. And we did create the most precious little boy together.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I ran into your lists on the NaBloPoMo Site. I decided to try it out this month too, because I love lists myself! You gave me some great ideas and I really enjoyed reading yours (boys who stole your heart was a GREAT one!). I also live in Iowa and I love to write, although I have not been confident enough to publish any of my poetry or anything. Keep up the great work!