Saturday, March 01, 2008

There is NOTHING a mother wouldn't do...

There is nothing a mother wouldn't do to ease her child's pain. Am I right?

I was sitting this morning reading post after post on my friend's google reader feed when I heard Jace start crying and calling out in pain from downstairs. I shouted down and asked him what was wrong and he said, "I got a big poop". I went downstairs to find him kneeling on the floor in Dallas' room holding his butt. I whisked him up to the bathroom and placed him on the pot. The poor kid was crying and through the tears strained to say, "it's hurting my butt really bad". What is a mother to do in this situation? I had to do something to ease his pain.

So, I had him throw his arms over my shoulders, I lifted him slightly off the pot, placed my fingers on either side of the giant turd that was lodged in his little bottom - applying reverse pressure, and told him to PUSH. He did and soon we heard the splash. It was music to our ears - something like "splash, splash - splish, splish - oh what a relief it is!"

The look on his face was the equivilent to the mouse pulling the thorn from the lion's paw. Mom had saved the day! Now mom needs to put apple juice on the shopping list.

No comments: