Saturday, March 01, 2008

Newbie

DISCLAIMER...I don't know if I am supposed to post on the NaBloPoMo page only or there and on my original blog too so here goes...

I decided to give NaBloPoMo a try since I see it all over the place when reading through a friend's google reader feed. This month's theme is "lists" and since I am soooooooo tired...the big boys are away for the night, the little one is asleep and I am not too far behind him..my first list will be what I did today (you know all the crap that made me this tired).

1) Jace (3 year old) woke me up at 7:00 am
2) tried 'til 8:00 am to fake Jace into believing it was still nigh-night time
3) played around on computer for couple hours 'til I realized my rent was due by noon
4) left at 11:15 am to get gas and go to property management office
5) got back at 12:30 pm with Wendy's in tow for lunch
6) called #1 son (Brendon) to make arrangements to pick him up from friend's
7) watched some tv, read a magazine and probably squeezed in a little more internet
8) tried at 2:30 pm to get Jace to take a nap
9) gave up at 2:40 pm when it was obvious he was going keep thinking of things he needed to do before laying down
10). called ex a little before 3:00 pm to see if I could stop and pick up child support $, he offered to watch Jace so I could go to the grocery store
11) leave 5 minutes later to his house which happens to be one block away - convenient huh
12) pick up #1 son at friend's at 3:15 pm and drive him to baseball practice that starts at 3:30 pm
13) go to car wash (a fruitless effort given all the slushy salt from melted snow but it made me feel better)
14) go to Walmart for misc and grocery shopping, spend $120
15) go back at 5:00 pm to pick up #1 son at practice
16) pick up #3 son at his dad's at 5:30 pm - practice never ends on time
17) carry in groceries and simultaneously try to fix a couple side dishes to go along with our dinner that had been in the oven for the last 2 1/2 hrs while also putting away said groceries
18) sit down to eat
19) get up to clean up table
20) argue with son #1 and #2 (Dallas) about cleaning the basement
21) give Jace a bath at 7:00 pm
22) load all three boys in truck a little after 8:00 pm to haul the big boys back to earlier mentioned friend's house to spend the night
23) 8:30 pm carry Jace into bed - fell asleep on the drive - thank you God
24) get the mail that has been accummulating for a few days
25) skim through to see if Soap Opera Digest came - no, so toss all others aside
26) fix glass of diet Mt. Dew and grap a choc. choc. chip muffin for a healthy snack
27) skim onscreen television guide
28) check my blog for comments - none - no surprise
29) go to friend's blog to check for new entries
30) go to her google reader where the first post is a NaBloPoMo participant
31) check out what NaBloPoMo is all about
32) join and post
33) feel eyes burning
34) tell myself to take advantage of peace and quiet and go to bed
35) start thinking about tomorrow's list

No comments: